Vs > Auckland, Owairaka
Puerto Plata vs Auckland, Owairaka Climate & Distance Between
Puerto Plata vs Gijon, Spain
Puerto Plata vs Santiago, Dominican Republic
Puerto Plata vs Toronto, Pearson Intl, On, Canada
Puerto Plata vs Coyhaique-Teniente Vida, Chile
Auckland, Owairaka vs Grassmere, New Zealand
Auckland, Owairaka vs Bucyrus, Oh, Usa
Auckland, Owairaka vs Puerto Princesa, Palawan, Philippines
Auckland, Owairaka vs San Juan De Marcona, Peru
Sanirajak/ Hall Beach, Nunavut vs Dayton, Oh
Cordoba Obs vs El Oued ( Guemmar )
Smithers, Bc vs Peoria, Il
Moose Jaw, Sk vs Oran
- The distance between Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic and Auckland, Owairaka, New Zealand is approximately 13,471 km or 8,371 mi.
- To reach Puerto Plata in this distance one would set out from Auckland, Owairaka bearing 87.7° or E and follow the great circles arc to approach Puerto Plata bearing 58.2° or ENE .
- Puerto Plata has a tropical rainforest climate (Af) whereas Auckland, Owairaka has a marine west coast climate (Cfb).
- Puerto Plata is in or near the subtropical moist forest biome whereas Auckland, Owairaka is in or near the warm temperate dry forest biome.
- The average temperature is 10 °C (18.1°F) warmer.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 4.6 °C (8.3°F) less in Puerto Plata. The continentality subtype is truly hyperoceanic as opposed to barely hyperoceanic.
- Total annual precipitation averages 630.2 mm (24.8 in) more which is equivalent to 630.2 l/m² (15.47 US gal/ft²) or 6,302,000 l/ha (673,726 US gal/ac) more. About 1 1/2 as much.
- The altitude of the sun at midday is overall 16.7° higher in Puerto Plata than in Auckland, Owairaka.
Climate Comparison Table
The table shows values for Puerto Plata relative to Auckland, Owairaka. You can also view this comparison the other way around from the perspective of Auckland, Owairaka vs Puerto Plata
|Average Temperature °C ( °F)
|Average Precipitation mm (in)
|| -60 (-2)
|| -61 (-2)
|| -47 (-2)
|| -14 (-1)
|Average Daylight Hours & Minutes/ Day
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day (°)
There are so many comparison pages. Please post a link to one to help people find them:
Puerto Plata vs Columbus, Ks, Usa
Puerto Plata vs Dimbokro, Ivory Coast
Puerto Plata vs Tamatave/ Toamasina, Madagascar
Puerto Plata vs Tiffin, Oh, Usa
Auckland, Owairaka vs Ankara, Turkey
Auckland, Owairaka vs Cortina D’Ampezzo, Italy
Auckland, Owairaka vs Greenville, Pa, Usa
Auckland, Owairaka vs Saint Peter, Mn, Usa
Karasjok vs Abilene, Tx
St. Louis/ Lambert, Mo vs Mt Makulu
Goycay vs Rodrigues
Qingdao vs La Serena-La Florida
Puerto Plata vs Auckland, Owairaka Discussion
You are welcome to incorporate your thoughts on the differences in climate or other matters such as contrasts in culture, standard of living, demographics etc.
Currently under general maintenance.|
Climate Guides for Locations near Puerto Plata
- Cabrera, Dominican Republic - 71 kms (44.1 miles) E
- Rio San Juan, Dominican Republic - 52 kms (32.3 miles) ESE
- Gaspar Hdez., Dominican Republic - 32.7 kms (20.3 miles) ESE
- Moca, Dominican Republic - 41.3 kms (25.6 miles) S
- Salcedo, Dominican Republic - 45.1 kms (28 miles) SSE
- Nagua, Dominican Republic - 86.5 kms (53.7 miles) ESE
- S. F. Macoris, Dominican Republic - 56.5 kms (35.1 miles) SSE
- La Vega, Dominican Republic - 61.4 kms (38.1 miles) S
- Pimentel, Dominican Republic - 79.9 kms (49.7 miles) SE
- Cotui, Dominican Republic - 86.3 kms (53.6 miles) SSE
Climate Guides for Locations near Auckland, Owairaka