Vs > Chimbay
Puerto Plata vs Chimbay Climate & Distance Between
Puerto Plata vs Mumbwa, Zambia
Puerto Plata vs Padova, Italy
Puerto Plata vs Naha, Okinawa, Japan
Puerto Plata vs Lewisburg, Wv, Usa
Chimbay vs Gerona, Costa Brava, Spain
Chimbay vs Cortina D’Ampezzo, Italy
Chimbay vs Cayenne, French Guiana
Chimbay vs Aberdeen, Scotland, Uk
Djelfa vs Steamboat Springs, Co
Clark, Sd vs Indian Lake, Ny
Caetite vs Monywa
Ashland, Wi vs Rai Valley
- The distance between Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic and Chimbay, Uzbekistan is approximately 11,393 km or 7,080 mi.
- To reach Puerto Plata in this distance one would set out from Chimbay bearing 312.7° or NW and follow the great circles arc to approach Puerto Plata bearing 214.8° or SW .
- Puerto Plata has a tropical rainforest climate (Af) whereas Chimbay has a mid-latitude cool desert climate (BWk).
- Puerto Plata is in or near the subtropical moist forest biome whereas Chimbay is in or near the cool temperate desert biome.
- The average temperature is 14.9 °C (26.8°F) warmer.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 27.5 °C (49.5°F) less in Puerto Plata. The continentality subtype is truly hyperoceanic as opposed to truly continental.
- Total annual precipitation averages 1837 mm (72.3 in) more which is equivalent to 1837 l/m² (45.08 US gal/ft²) or 18,370,000 l/ha (1,963,875 US gal/ac) more. About 21 2/3 as much.
- The altitude of the sun at midday is overall 22.1° higher in Puerto Plata than in Chimbay.
Climate Comparison Table
The table shows values for Puerto Plata relative to Chimbay. You can also view this comparison the other way around from the perspective of Chimbay vs Puerto Plata
|Average Temperature °C ( °F)
|Average Precipitation mm (in)
|Average Daylight Hours & Minutes/ Day
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day (°)
There are so many comparison pages. Please post a link to one to help people find them:
Puerto Plata vs Urakawa, Japan
Puerto Plata vs Davis, Antarctica
Puerto Plata vs Nikolskoe/ Beringa, Russia
Puerto Plata vs Benghazi, Libya
Chimbay vs Chachapoyas, Peru
Chimbay vs Lambarn, Gabon
Chimbay vs Eastman, Ga, Usa
Chimbay vs Imbert, Dominican Republic
Mont Joli, Qc vs Kenieba
Santiago Del Estero vs Indaial
Deir-Alla vs Pescara, Abruzzo
Luputa vs Coffs Harbour
Puerto Plata vs Chimbay Discussion
You are welcome to incorporate your thoughts on the differences in climate or other matters such as contrasts in culture, standard of living, demographics etc.
Currently under general maintenance.|
Climate Guides for Locations near Puerto Plata
- Cabrera, Dominican Republic - 71 kms (44.1 miles) E
- Rio San Juan, Dominican Republic - 52 kms (32.3 miles) ESE
- Gaspar Hdez., Dominican Republic - 32.7 kms (20.3 miles) ESE
- Moca, Dominican Republic - 41.3 kms (25.6 miles) S
- Salcedo, Dominican Republic - 45.1 kms (28 miles) SSE
- Nagua, Dominican Republic - 86.5 kms (53.7 miles) ESE
- S. F. Macoris, Dominican Republic - 56.5 kms (35.1 miles) SSE
- La Vega, Dominican Republic - 61.4 kms (38.1 miles) S
- Pimentel, Dominican Republic - 79.9 kms (49.7 miles) SE
- Cotui, Dominican Republic - 86.3 kms (53.6 miles) SSE
Climate Guides for Locations near Chimbay