Vs > Lake Rotoiti
Puerto Plata vs Lake Rotoiti Climate & Distance Between
Puerto Plata vs Subiaco, Ar, Usa
Puerto Plata vs Ofunato, Japan
Puerto Plata vs Madang, Papua New Guinea
Puerto Plata vs Reykhólar, Iceland
Lake Rotoiti vs Arapuni, New Zealand
Lake Rotoiti vs Salekhard, Russia
Lake Rotoiti vs Mocamedes/ Namibe, Angola
Lake Rotoiti vs Cairo, Egypt
Kirillovka vs Pathfinder Dam, Wy
Ilopango vs La Ronge, Sk
Palermo/ Point Raisi vs Mexico City
Mellette, Sd vs Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- The distance between Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic and Lake Rotoiti, New Zealand is approximately 13,637 km or 8,474 mi.
- To reach Puerto Plata in this distance one would set out from Lake Rotoiti bearing 92° or E and follow the great circles arc to approach Puerto Plata bearing 52.3° or NE .
- Puerto Plata has a tropical rainforest climate (Af) whereas Lake Rotoiti has a marine west coast climate (Cfb).
- Puerto Plata is in or near the subtropical moist forest biome whereas Lake Rotoiti is in or near the cool temperate steppe biome.
- The annual mean temperature is 15.9 °C (28.7°F) warmer.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 6.9 °C (12.4°F) less in Puerto Plata. The continentality subtype is truly hyperoceanic as opposed to truly oceanic.
- Total annual precipitation averages 345.4 mm (13.6 in) more which is equivalent to 345.4 l/m² (8.48 US gal/ft²) or 3,454,000 l/ha (369,256 US gal/ac) more. About 1 2/9 as much.
- The altitude of the sun at midday is overall 21.7° higher in Puerto Plata than in Lake Rotoiti.
Climate Comparison Table
The table shows values for Puerto Plata relative to Lake Rotoiti. You can also view this comparison the other way around from the perspective of Lake Rotoiti vs Puerto Plata
|Average Temperature °C ( °F)
|Average Precipitation mm (in)
|| -43 (-2)
|| -47 (-2)
|| -30 (-1)
|| -45 (-2)
|| -2 (0)
|Average Daylight Hours & Minutes/ Day
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day (°)
There are so many comparison pages. Please post a link to one to help people find them:
Puerto Plata vs Aleksandrovsk-Sahal, Russia
Puerto Plata vs Santiago R., Dominican Republic
Puerto Plata vs Ely, Nevada, Usa
Puerto Plata vs Shizuoka, Japan
Lake Rotoiti vs Arcadia, Fl, Usa
Lake Rotoiti vs Beaver City, Ne, Usa
Lake Rotoiti vs Rosslare, Wexford, Ireland
Lake Rotoiti vs Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Davenport, Wa vs Montgomery Al
Masirah vs Tura
Cape Frasca vs Little Rock, Arkansas
Rome vs Oita
Puerto Plata vs Lake Rotoiti Discussion
You are welcome to incorporate your thoughts on the differences in climate or other matters such as contrasts in culture, standard of living, demographics etc.
Currently under general maintenance.|
Climate Guides for Locations near Puerto Plata
- Cabrera, Dominican Republic - 71 kms (44.1 miles) E
- Rio San Juan, Dominican Republic - 52 kms (32.3 miles) ESE
- Gaspar Hdez., Dominican Republic - 32.7 kms (20.3 miles) ESE
- Moca, Dominican Republic - 41.3 kms (25.6 miles) S
- Salcedo, Dominican Republic - 45.1 kms (28 miles) SSE
- Nagua, Dominican Republic - 86.5 kms (53.7 miles) ESE
- S. F. Macoris, Dominican Republic - 56.5 kms (35.1 miles) SSE
- La Vega, Dominican Republic - 61.4 kms (38.1 miles) S
- Pimentel, Dominican Republic - 79.9 kms (49.7 miles) SE
- Cotui, Dominican Republic - 86.3 kms (53.6 miles) SSE
Climate Guides for Locations near Lake Rotoiti