Vs > Lake Tekapo
Puerto Plata vs Lake Tekapo Climate & Distance Between
Puerto Plata vs Halfa El Gedida, Sudan
Puerto Plata vs Alamosa/ Bergman Field, Co, Usa
Puerto Plata vs Charleville, Queensland, Australia
Puerto Plata vs Alert, Nunavut, Canada
Lake Tekapo vs Ngaoundere, Cameroon
Lake Tekapo vs Triunfo, Brazil
Lake Tekapo vs Rosslare, Wexford, Ireland
Lake Tekapo vs Wajir, Kenya
Port Jervis, Ny vs Albacete/ Los Llanos
Oolitic, In vs Sokode
S. F. Macoris vs Grottaglie
Minamitorishima vs Faranah
- The distance between Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic and Lake Tekapo, New Zealand is approximately 13,816 km or 8,585 mi.
- To reach Puerto Plata in this distance one would set out from Lake Tekapo bearing 95.1° or E and follow the great circles arc to approach Puerto Plata bearing 49.6° or NE .
- Puerto Plata has a tropical rainforest climate (Af) whereas Lake Tekapo has a marine west coast climate (Cfb).
- Puerto Plata is in or near the subtropical moist forest biome whereas Lake Tekapo is in or near the cool temperate steppe biome.
- The mean annual temperature is 15.9 °C (28.7°F) warmer.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 9 °C (16.2°F) less in Puerto Plata. The continentality subtype is truly hyperoceanic as opposed to truly oceanic.
- Total annual precipitation averages 1315.4 mm (51.8 in) more which is equivalent to 1315.4 l/m² (32.28 US gal/ft²) or 13,154,000 l/ha (1,406,250 US gal/ac) more. About 3 1/6 as much.
- The altitude of the sun at midday is overall 23.9° higher in Puerto Plata than in Lake Tekapo.
Climate Comparison Table
The table shows values for Puerto Plata relative to Lake Tekapo. You can also view this comparison the other way around from the perspective of Lake Tekapo vs Puerto Plata
|Average Temperature °C ( °F)
|Average Precipitation mm (in)
|Average Daylight Hours & Minutes/ Day
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day (°)
There are so many comparison pages. Please post a link to one to help people find them:
Puerto Plata vs Kawthaung, Myanmar
Puerto Plata vs Correntina, Brazil
Puerto Plata vs Narsarsuaq, Greenland
Puerto Plata vs Majuro, Marshall Islands
Lake Tekapo vs Constantine (Ain El Bey), Algeria
Lake Tekapo vs Madison, Fl, Usa
Lake Tekapo vs Muskogee, Ok, Usa
Lake Tekapo vs Samarkand, Uzbekistan
Atchison, Ks vs Kassala
Helena, Mt vs Marquette, Michigan
La Coruna vs Faranah
Oulu vs Kabwe
Puerto Plata vs Lake Tekapo Discussion
You are welcome to incorporate your thoughts on the differences in climate or other matters such as contrasts in culture, standard of living, demographics etc.
Currently under general maintenance.|
Climate Guides for Locations near Puerto Plata
- Cabrera, Dominican Republic - 71 kms (44.1 miles) E
- Rio San Juan, Dominican Republic - 52 kms (32.3 miles) ESE
- Gaspar Hdez., Dominican Republic - 32.7 kms (20.3 miles) ESE
- Moca, Dominican Republic - 41.3 kms (25.6 miles) S
- Salcedo, Dominican Republic - 45.1 kms (28 miles) SSE
- Nagua, Dominican Republic - 86.5 kms (53.7 miles) ESE
- S. F. Macoris, Dominican Republic - 56.5 kms (35.1 miles) SSE
- La Vega, Dominican Republic - 61.4 kms (38.1 miles) S
- Pimentel, Dominican Republic - 79.9 kms (49.7 miles) SE
- Cotui, Dominican Republic - 86.3 kms (53.6 miles) SSE
Climate Guides for Locations near Lake Tekapo
- Mesopotamia, New Zealand - 56.5 kms (35.1 miles) NE
- Lilybank, New Zealand - 34.3 kms (21.3 miles) NNE
- Lochaber, New Zealand - 53 kms (32.9 miles) ENE
- Deepburn, New Zealand - 32.6 kms (20.3 miles) ENE
- Orari Gorge, New Zealand - 58.9 kms (36.6 miles) E
- Woodbury, New Zealand - 58.7 kms (36.4 miles) E
- Burkes Pass, Airies, New Zealand - 16.9 kms (10.5 miles) ESE
- Kakahu Bush, New Zealand - 52.7 kms (32.8 miles) ESE
- Te Ngawai, New Zealand - 29.9 kms (18.6 miles) SE
- Cave, Heatherleigh, New Zealand - 46.2 kms (28.7 miles) SE
- Mt Nimrod, New Zealand - 54.7 kms (34 miles) SE