Vs > Lower Hutt, Avalon
Puerto Plata vs Lower Hutt, Avalon Climate & Distance Between
Puerto Plata vs Coxim, Brazil
Puerto Plata vs Clarinda, Ia, Usa
Puerto Plata vs Buenos Aires, Argentina
Puerto Plata vs Luxemburg City, Luxembourg
Lower Hutt, Avalon vs Las Lomitas, Argentina
Lower Hutt, Avalon vs Goteborg-Save, Sweden
Lower Hutt, Avalon vs Umnugovi, Mongolia
Lower Hutt, Avalon vs Kalgoorlie, Western Australia, Australia
Kumejima vs Jacksonville, Il
Lome vs Ekimcan
Campo Mourao vs Norfolk Island
Kirensk vs Puerto Montt
- The distance between Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic and Lower Hutt, Avalon, New Zealand is approximately 13,466 km or 8,368 mi.
- To reach Puerto Plata in this distance one would set out from Lower Hutt, Avalon bearing 90.2° or E and follow the great circles arc to approach Puerto Plata bearing 53.1° or NE .
- Puerto Plata has a tropical rainforest climate (Af) whereas Lower Hutt, Avalon has a marine west coast climate (Cfb).
- Puerto Plata is in or near the subtropical moist forest biome whereas Lower Hutt, Avalon is in or near the warm temperate thorn steppe biome.
- The annual mean temperature is 11.9 °C (21.5°F) warmer.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 4.5 °C (8.1°F) less in Puerto Plata. The continentality subtype is truly hyperoceanic as opposed to barely hyperoceanic.
- Total annual precipitation averages 581.8 mm (22.9 in) more which is equivalent to 581.8 l/m² (14.28 US gal/ft²) or 5,818,000 l/ha (621,983 US gal/ac) more. About 1 3/7 as much.
- The altitude of the sun at midday is overall 21.1° higher in Puerto Plata than in Lower Hutt, Avalon.
Climate Comparison Table
The table shows values for Puerto Plata relative to Lower Hutt, Avalon. You can also view this comparison the other way around from the perspective of Lower Hutt, Avalon vs Puerto Plata
|Average Temperature °C ( °F)
|Average Precipitation mm (in)
|| -59 (-2)
|| -70 (-3)
|| -40 (-2)
|| -2 (0)
|Average Daylight Hours & Minutes/ Day
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day (°)
There are so many comparison pages. Please post a link to one to help people find them:
Puerto Plata vs Ismailia, Egypt
Puerto Plata vs Cameri, Italy
Puerto Plata vs Cape Parry, Nt, Canada
Puerto Plata vs Tauranga, New Zealand
Lower Hutt, Avalon vs Salekhard, Russia
Lower Hutt, Avalon vs Dewar Lakes, Nt, Canada
Lower Hutt, Avalon vs Moanda, Gabon
Lower Hutt, Avalon vs Kap Tobin, Greenland
Pichilingue vs Surin
Tabligbo vs Le Lamentin
Kagoshima vs Temple, Tx
Rabat vs Alice, Tx
Puerto Plata vs Lower Hutt, Avalon Discussion
You are welcome to incorporate your thoughts on the differences in climate or other matters such as contrasts in culture, standard of living, demographics etc.
Currently under general maintenance.|
Climate Guides for Locations near Puerto Plata
- Cabrera, Dominican Republic - 71 kms (44.1 miles) E
- Rio San Juan, Dominican Republic - 52 kms (32.3 miles) ESE
- Gaspar Hdez., Dominican Republic - 32.7 kms (20.3 miles) ESE
- Moca, Dominican Republic - 41.3 kms (25.6 miles) S
- Salcedo, Dominican Republic - 45.1 kms (28 miles) SSE
- Nagua, Dominican Republic - 86.5 kms (53.7 miles) ESE
- S. F. Macoris, Dominican Republic - 56.5 kms (35.1 miles) SSE
- La Vega, Dominican Republic - 61.4 kms (38.1 miles) S
- Pimentel, Dominican Republic - 79.9 kms (49.7 miles) SE
- Cotui, Dominican Republic - 86.3 kms (53.6 miles) SSE
Climate Guides for Locations near Lower Hutt, Avalon