Vs > Mcmurdo Sound
Puerto Plata vs Mcmurdo Sound Climate & Distance Between
Puerto Plata vs Bear Island/ Bjørnøya, Svalbard, Norway
Puerto Plata vs Cataguases, Brazil
Puerto Plata vs Pedra Azul, Brazil
Puerto Plata vs Neustrelitz, Germany
Mcmurdo Sound vs Maiduguri, Nigeria
Mcmurdo Sound vs Östersund, Sweden
Mcmurdo Sound vs Tarko-Sale, Russia
Mcmurdo Sound vs Bouake, Ivory Coast
Toyama vs Montpellier
Otaru vs Nuriootpa
Aberystwyth, Wales vs Resia Pass
Beckley/ Raleigh, Wv vs Parron
- The distance between Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic and Mcmurdo Sound, Antarctica is approximately 12,893 km or 8,012 mi.
- To reach Puerto Plata in this distance one would set out from Mcmurdo Sound bearing 118.4° or ESE and follow the great circles arc to approach Puerto Plata bearing 11.3° or NNE .
- Puerto Plata has a tropical rainforest climate (Af) whereas Mcmurdo Sound has a ice cap climate (EF).
- The average annual temperature is 42.3 °C (76.2°F) warmer.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 20.1 °C (36.2°F) less in Puerto Plata. The continentality subtype is truly hyperoceanic as opposed to subcontinental.
- Total annual precipitation averages 1713 mm (67.4 in) more which is equivalent to 1713 l/m² (42.04 US gal/ft²) or 17,130,000 l/ha (1,831,311 US gal/ac) more. About 9 as much.
- The altitude of the sun at midday is overall 57.6° higher in Puerto Plata than in Mcmurdo Sound.
Climate Comparison Table
The table shows values for Puerto Plata relative to Mcmurdo Sound. You can also view this comparison the other way around from the perspective of Mcmurdo Sound vs Puerto Plata
|Average Temperature °C ( °F)
|Average Precipitation mm (in)
|Average Daylight Hours & Minutes/ Day
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day (°)
There are so many comparison pages. Please post a link to one to help people find them:
Puerto Plata vs Timaru, New Zealand
Puerto Plata vs Pehuajo, Argentina
Puerto Plata vs Bahariya, Egypt
Puerto Plata vs Nordkap/ Helnes Fyr, Norway
Mcmurdo Sound vs Spokane, Wa, Usa
Mcmurdo Sound vs Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Mcmurdo Sound vs St. Brandon, Mauritius
Mcmurdo Sound vs Surin, Thailand
Omaha/ North, Ne vs Rumipamba
Fort Wayne, Indiana vs Longreach Post Office
Naha, Okinawa vs Meridian, Mississippi
Highland Home, Al vs Chapeco
Puerto Plata vs Mcmurdo Sound Discussion
You are welcome to incorporate your thoughts on the differences in climate or other matters such as contrasts in culture, standard of living, demographics etc.
Currently under general maintenance.|
Climate Guides for Locations near Puerto Plata
- Cabrera, Dominican Republic - 71 kms (44.1 miles) E
- Rio San Juan, Dominican Republic - 52 kms (32.3 miles) ESE
- Gaspar Hdez., Dominican Republic - 32.7 kms (20.3 miles) ESE
- Moca, Dominican Republic - 41.3 kms (25.6 miles) S
- Salcedo, Dominican Republic - 45.1 kms (28 miles) SSE
- Nagua, Dominican Republic - 86.5 kms (53.7 miles) ESE
- S. F. Macoris, Dominican Republic - 56.5 kms (35.1 miles) SSE
- La Vega, Dominican Republic - 61.4 kms (38.1 miles) S
- Pimentel, Dominican Republic - 79.9 kms (49.7 miles) SE
- Cotui, Dominican Republic - 86.3 kms (53.6 miles) SSE
Climate Guides for Locations near Mcmurdo Sound