Vs > Palmerston N
Puerto Plata vs Palmerston N Climate & Distance Between
Puerto Plata vs Turiacu, Brazil
Puerto Plata vs Terrace, Bc, Canada
Puerto Plata vs Valley, Uk
Puerto Plata vs Latakia, Syria
Palmerston N vs Minusinsk, Russia
Palmerston N vs Sigonella, Italy
Palmerston N vs Famagusta, Cyprus
Palmerston N vs Morelia, Mich., Mexico
Chapel Hill, Nc vs Bhamaw
Hel vs Albert Lea, Mn
Ashley Forest vs General Pico
Homer, Ak vs Bayan-Ovoo
- The distance between Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic and Palmerston N, New Zealand is approximately 13,407 km or 8,331 mi.
- To reach Puerto Plata in this distance one would set out from Palmerston N bearing 89.2° or E and follow the great circles arc to approach Puerto Plata bearing 54.1° or NE .
- Puerto Plata has a tropical rainforest climate (Af) whereas Palmerston N has a marine west coast climate (Cfb).
- Puerto Plata is in or near the subtropical moist forest biome whereas Palmerston N is in or near the warm temperate thorn steppe biome.
- The mean temperature is 11.7 °C (21.1°F) warmer.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 5.2 °C (9.4°F) less in Puerto Plata. The continentality subtype is truly hyperoceanic as opposed to barely hyperoceanic.
- Total annual precipitation averages 966.4 mm (38 in) more which is equivalent to 966.4 l/m² (23.72 US gal/ft²) or 9,664,000 l/ha (1,033,146 US gal/ac) more. About 2 as much.
- The altitude of the sun at midday is overall 20.2° higher in Puerto Plata than in Palmerston N.
Climate Comparison Table
The table shows values for Puerto Plata relative to Palmerston N. You can also view this comparison the other way around from the perspective of Palmerston N vs Puerto Plata
|Average Temperature °C ( °F)
|Average Precipitation mm (in)
|| -5 (0)
|| -20 (-1)
|Average Daylight Hours & Minutes/ Day
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day (°)
There are so many comparison pages. Please post a link to one to help people find them:
Puerto Plata vs Padang, Sumatra, Indonesia
Puerto Plata vs Gibraltar, Gibraltar
Puerto Plata vs Diamantina, Brazil
Puerto Plata vs Dakar, Senegal
Palmerston N vs Ístersund, Sweden
Palmerston N vs Mbala, Zambia
Palmerston N vs Warren, Oh, Usa
Palmerston N vs New York/ Laguardia, Ny, Usa
Caribou, Me vs Cipo
San Juan De Marcona vs Fianarantsoa
Yokkaichi vs Alice Springs
Szczecin vs Raga
Puerto Plata vs Palmerston N Discussion
You are welcome to incorporate your thoughts on the differences in climate or other matters such as contrasts in culture, standard of living, demographics etc.
Currently under general maintenance.|
Climate Guides for Locations near Puerto Plata
- Cabrera, Dominican Republic - 71 kms (44.1 miles) E
- Rio San Juan, Dominican Republic - 52 kms (32.3 miles) ESE
- Gaspar Hdez., Dominican Republic - 32.7 kms (20.3 miles) ESE
- Moca, Dominican Republic - 41.3 kms (25.6 miles) S
- Salcedo, Dominican Republic - 45.1 kms (28 miles) SSE
- Nagua, Dominican Republic - 86.5 kms (53.7 miles) ESE
- S. F. Macoris, Dominican Republic - 56.5 kms (35.1 miles) SSE
- La Vega, Dominican Republic - 61.4 kms (38.1 miles) S
- Pimentel, Dominican Republic - 79.9 kms (49.7 miles) SE
- Cotui, Dominican Republic - 86.3 kms (53.6 miles) SSE
Climate Guides for Locations near Palmerston N