Vs > Salamanca/ Matacan
Puerto Plata vs Salamanca/ Matacan Climate & Distance Between
Puerto Plata vs Las Palmas De Gran Canaria, Canary Islands
Puerto Plata vs Antananarivo, Madagascar
Puerto Plata vs Novgorod, Russia
Puerto Plata vs Dashbalbar, Mongolia
Salamanca/ Matacan vs Eureka, California, Usa
Salamanca/ Matacan vs Lincoln, Ne, Usa
Salamanca/ Matacan vs Gerona, Costa Brava, Spain
Salamanca/ Matacan vs Kotlas, Russia
Monte Caseros vs Ulan-Bator/ Ulaanbaatar
Canberra, Capital Territory vs Lanzarote
Coco Island vs Fullertonese, Nd
Matsue vs Casablanca
- The distance between Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic and Salamanca/ Matacan, Spain is approximately 6,514 km or 4,048 mi.
- To reach Puerto Plata in this distance one would set out from Salamanca/ Matacan bearing 269.7° or W and follow the great circles arc to approach Puerto Plata bearing 233.4° or SW .
- Puerto Plata has a tropical rainforest climate (Af) whereas Salamanca/ Matacan has a Mediterranean warm climate (Csb).
- Puerto Plata is in or near the subtropical moist forest biome whereas Salamanca/ Matacan is in or near the cool temperate steppe biome.
- The average temperature is 13.4 °C (24.2°F) warmer.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 12.8 °C (23°F) less in Puerto Plata. The continentality subtype is truly hyperoceanic as opposed to truly oceanic.
- Total annual precipitation averages 1537.5 mm (60.5 in) more which is equivalent to 1537.5 l/m² (37.73 US gal/ft²) or 15,375,000 l/ha (1,643,690 US gal/ac) more. About 5 as much.
- The altitude of the sun at midday is overall 20.2° higher in Puerto Plata than in Salamanca/ Matacan.
Climate Comparison Table
The table shows values for Puerto Plata relative to Salamanca/ Matacan. You can also view this comparison the other way around from the perspective of Salamanca/ Matacan vs Puerto Plata
|Average Temperature °C ( °F)
|Average Precipitation mm (in)
|Average Daylight Hours & Minutes/ Day
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day (°)
There are so many comparison pages. Please post a link to one to help people find them:
Puerto Plata vs Tamayo, Dominican Republic
Puerto Plata vs Princess Anne, Md, Usa
Puerto Plata vs Bangalore, India
Puerto Plata vs Crotone, Calabria, Italy
Salamanca/ Matacan vs Learmonth, Australia
Salamanca/ Matacan vs Lillehammer, Norway
Salamanca/ Matacan vs Khasab, Oman
Salamanca/ Matacan vs Palermo/ Point Raisi, Italy
Lom vs Hudeiba
Cape St James, Bc vs Dease Lake, Bc
Sparta, Il vs Bikaner
Chitipa vs Cotonou
Puerto Plata vs Salamanca/ Matacan Discussion
You are welcome to incorporate your thoughts on the differences in climate or other matters such as contrasts in culture, standard of living, demographics etc.
Currently under general maintenance.|
Climate Guides for Locations near Puerto Plata
- Cabrera, Dominican Republic - 71 kms (44.1 miles) E
- Rio San Juan, Dominican Republic - 52 kms (32.3 miles) ESE
- Gaspar Hdez., Dominican Republic - 32.7 kms (20.3 miles) ESE
- Moca, Dominican Republic - 41.3 kms (25.6 miles) S
- Salcedo, Dominican Republic - 45.1 kms (28 miles) SSE
- Nagua, Dominican Republic - 86.5 kms (53.7 miles) ESE
- S. F. Macoris, Dominican Republic - 56.5 kms (35.1 miles) SSE
- La Vega, Dominican Republic - 61.4 kms (38.1 miles) S
- Pimentel, Dominican Republic - 79.9 kms (49.7 miles) SE
- Cotui, Dominican Republic - 86.3 kms (53.6 miles) SSE
Climate Guides for Locations near Salamanca/ Matacan
- Gijon, Spain - 288.3 kms (179.1 miles) N
- Oviedo, Spain - 268 kms (166.5 miles) N
- Oviedo, Dominican Republic - 267.5 kms (166.2 miles) N
- Vigo/ Peinador, Spain - 296.3 kms (184.1 miles) WNW
- Melgaço, Viana Do Castelo, Portugal - 263.9 kms (164 miles) WNW
- Braganca, Portugal - 139.1 kms (86.4 miles) NW
- Porto , Portugal - 260.8 kms (162.1 miles) W
- Penhas Douradas, Portugal - 183.2 kms (113.8 miles) WSW
- Coimbra, Portugal - 259.2 kms (161.1 miles) WSW
- Caceres, Spain - 180.1 kms (111.9 miles) SSW
- Portalegre, Portugal - 247.7 kms (153.9 miles) SW
- Badajoz, Spain - 257.2 kms (159.8 miles) SSW
- Evora, Portugal - 336 kms (208.8 miles) SW